Things To Remember
Before your first appointment:
- Please don’t forget to bring a referral letter from your GP (if it was given to you).
- Please bring all the relevant X-rays with you when you come to the Rooms for your appointment.
Before you leave the consulting rooms:
- Remember to discuss with the doctor what to do with your normal medications before surgery.
- If you are diabetic it is essential that you discuss with the doctor what to do with your Insulin or other diabetes medications before having any procedure.
When you come to hospital for your operation/procedure:
- Always bring all your usual medications.
- Please bring your X-rays.
Our doctors are all specialist surgeons therefore you will need a referral letter from your GP or another specialist in order to receive a Medicare rebate. Please bring this with you to your consultation or if this has been sent directly to us please call us prior to your appointment to make sure we have received this.
Also bring the following:
- Medicare or DVA card
- Health fund card
- Any x-rays, ultrasound or CT scans especially if they relate to your current condition
- Details of your current medications and any allergies
If this is related to Workers Compensation please call our rooms as we will require additional information prior to your appointment.
Payment for appointments are payable on the day and a Medicare rebate can be completed simultaneously. Please notify us at least 24 hours prior to your appointment if you cannot attend or need to rebook. Due to the at times unpredictable nature of surgical practice, our doctors may be running late. We advise you to ring prior to your appointment to check if he is running on time.